Published in September 2016, Presence is available now as a paperback and ebook.
Presence is a technothriller about the future of Virtual Reality. The novel has an intriguing cast of characters, riffs on themes of identity and privacy, and features enough drones and clones to satisfy the geekiest of scifi readers.
Early reviews of Presence have been very positive:
- Novelist Eliot Peper called the book “an electrifying ride through the future of virtual reality” and “a technothriller that will keep you turning pages long past your bedtime.”
- Influential VC Brad Feld said, “Richard’s first sci-fi book is dynamite. I’m very hopeful that his phrase invirt will catch on for in virtual reality.”
- Bertalan Mesko, The Medical Futurist, said “I’m always looking for science fiction that extrapolates current technologies in a super smart way. Presence does this by imagining what a Facebook in the year 2051 would be like.”
- Going Invirt: The Inspiration Behind Presence (in this blog post, I explain the universe of Presence and the book’s key themes)
- Read an excerpt in TechCrunch
- I’ve been interviewed about the book by Robot Overlordz and Haptical.
- You may also enjoy my blog post, 3 Reasons Why You Should Read Science Fiction.